Tuesday 17 February 2015

IPOH TRIP DAY 1

7th February 2015
 Today is my Ipoh trip first day. I am going with my course mate for our minor project, to            experiencing their culture.

After 3 hour nap, we reach Ipoh. Ipoh is a new place for me, I haven’t been there before, I was    very excited because our group project is all about food that means I can try all the delicious       food in Ipoh.

The first place we reach is the Ipoh tradition house; actually it is a show house. Showing the    Ipoh people live style. I can feel strong old school feeling inside the space. Many thing in there is my first time in my life to see it. Before I just saw it on TV. Quite interesting for me, I am very curious about the old life style


They selling the old thing for charity.


They also selling something(post card, old coins, antique) inside the house for charity, support the house expenses, such as water and electrical fees.

The old telephone, looks new  for me, i didn't see this before.



The traditional kitchen. Still using wood to make fire for cooking. 

And there is a mini garden at the centre of house. Near by the kitchen. There is the function for mini garden, trap wind. The wind will trap by the void and go inside the house. It is one of the GBI (green building index) system. Because at that time, they don’t have any air –conditional system. They need to use it for making the space cooler. 

Tea pot display, for selling also.

The old time making Ice Kacang machine. 

The old transportation vehicle.

On top of the wall, they displaying the tools for building a house.

The traditional instrument.

The vinyl record is very hard to be found in this era, but during the old time that is a very normal thing for them to enjoy the music.

Their living area usually at first floor, is quite hot when we been there, because at that time they don't have air-conditional. They using a simple GBI system and some fan to maintain their indoor environment. Like the opening at ceiling because hot air will keep going up and will go out from the building by the opening. Same as sleeping area also.

Stone art work.

Old time people wearing this to their working place.

Nice counter.

Upper floor is living area and sleeping room. There will be hotter than downstairs. But at the top floor, they create the opening at the roof. To let the hot air goes out.

Their sleeping room.

Traditional dresser.

There is an artist--Lim Ru Hui been here before. She draw a drawing for them and let them print in postcard to sell it for their charity.


After that finish visit, we leave and continue our travel, I will remember it for my whole life, is very precious experience for me.

After that, we are going a special pottery shop. The shop people prepare all pottery by themselves and the only thing need to do is decorate it and colour it. I try my first time to make pottery at there, something like playing mud. It is very fun and enjoy it. 

My simple pottery design.

Jiand is planning to "play mud" ???

We leave our pottery under the sun after we finish decorating for drying. The shop owner say need to leave it three day for drying, so we need to bring back and after three day only can colour it.


Around 7pm, we reached our Ipoh boutique hotel. We are going to stay there for another 3 days. The room is nice for me. 

overall view for our room.

We settle our luggage and all the thing, we direct go find our dinner nearby our hotel. We are hungry, luckily there have famous BEAN SPROUT CHICKEN nearby our hotel.
Actually, “Ho Fan” is the most famous thing in Ipoh. But at that time, I am too hungry, didn’t notice about it, I directly order rice as my dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment